Wednesday, October 8th, 2014
Preparations well underway around Obed for winter season; activity updates and technical details available on Obed website
- Sampling and monitoring activities will move towards long-term schedules for the winter season. Regular sampling and monitoring will continue until freeze up.
- Seed germination program and invasive weeds assessment is now complete for the 2014 season.
- A site tour was held on September 9th for the Alberta Energy Regulator, Alberta Environment and Sustainable Resource Development, Alberta Health, and the University of Alberta.
- A dam safety inspection was completed by the Alberta Energy Regulator on September 12th.
- Settling ponds around the site have been pumped down to prepare for annual maintenance work.
- Weekly and monthly status reports are being posted on the “Plans & Reports” page of the Obed website.
The third quarter report, data collection and sampling will be complete and posted to the website October 15th. This report will summarize technical details on a number of evaluation, management and remediation activities.
The Fish Sampling and Monitoring Plan is nearing completion. The Human Health Risk Assessment Plan is currently under development and slated for review in November.