Sediment Release from Obed Mountain Mine Site
- Daily outreach continues with communities, industry and aboriginal groups along the Athabasca River.
- We launched a community information line and email address to respond to inquiries.
- We continue to be accessible to media inquiries.
- We expanded our team of fish, hydrology and habitat specialists that conduct assessments along the two creeks and the Athabasca River. The larger team has allowed us to bolster the expediency of data gathering and evaluation. We also increased the number of analysis points further down the river.
- We continue to dispatch helicopters and boats to collect water samples and establish new data points on the location, dispersion and dilution of the release within the water.
- Leading geotechnical experts continue to be on site evaluating the structural integrity of the ponds. The breached containment pond continues to be rebuilt.
Further updates will be provided as they become available.